Monday, March 5, 2012

A funny story!

Ok, so right now we are in the middle of the Indian Ocean. The seas are
really rough. I mean, these are the roughest seas that we will
experience the whole journey for this time of the year. They have made
ship life fun! There are lots of people falling, and running into walls.
So Saturday evening I went to dance party with my "little brother"
from the big Brothers Big Sisters program here on the ship. It was a
blast. We listened to 90's and Disney music. It was awesome, a blast
from the past. It was also entertaining to watch random people fall when
the ship rocked a little too far one way or the other. Once the dance
party was over I hung out in the union ( where the dance party was) and
listened to my two friends Matt and Destiny play the piano. It was
beautiful. Destiny's interpreter Kara was there also. So she and I were
just listening and playing in the "waves".
See, Destiny has been trying this whole trip to capture what the
waves are like on video. So, after a while we were all playing in the
waves. We played imaginary baseball (I slide into second to get safe
LOL), we tried to do handstands, and were jumping at the peak of waves
to feel like we were flying! It was so much fun! Well, Kara was walking
around and a wave came so she jumped except that the wave was not that
big and she was met by gravity. She fell flat on her bum!!!!! OMG it was
hilarious as I run over to make sure she is okay I am almost crying I'm
laughing so hard.
Well Karma is not nice. No more than a half hour later I was
dancing in the waves to the piano and I was doing a VERY SMALL jumping
turn and was met by gravity! OH MY GOSH I was on the hard wood floor,
unlike Kara who was on carpet, and hit my tail bone and my right leg
REALLY hard on the floor. I also managed to hit a leg of the piano so it
made this really loud thud sound. Kara turns around and gasps and asks
if I'm okay. I cannot get up because I am laughing so hard so I just
start to roll with the rocking of the ship on the floor. I tell her I am
fine through my heavy bursts of laughter. My friend Matt stands up over
the piano looks down at me and bursts into a thunderous laughter. He
didn't even ask if I was okay he just stood pointing and laughing at me.
HOW EMBARRASSING!!!!!!! :-)
To make matters worse I woke up the next morning with bruises all
down my right leg and on my tail bone. I guess I have really good luck
falling on the ship.
Oh one more thing that night when I went to bed according to my
roommate, I was laughing hysterically in my sleep and mumbled words that
reenacted my wonderful fall in the union.
I cannot believe this, but it makes for a good story and memory.
Hope you all enjoy laughing at me as all of my friends on the ship have! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney...Sounds like a fun time.Hope you didn't hurt anywhere that lasts more than a day or two..We are fine..Easy winter 60 dg. tomorrow..Miss you a lot..Keep enjoying your wonderful trip of a lifetime...Love you....Gpa

    ReplyDelete