Monday, January 23, 2012

Well, it has been an interesting few days to say the least. I boarded the ship on Thursday and right away had a blast. My roommate is wonderful. Her name is Hannah and is from Tampa University, but is originally from Seattle. We get along wonderfully. I have met many people so far but your roommate can be the most important.

                I got all settled in and unpacked, and realized I could have brought more stuff! We have plenty of room left in all of our drawers and closet. That does, however, give me plenty of room for new clothes and souvenirs!

                I started class already on Saturday. Yes on Saturday! Due to the time we have off at school in port we have to have school every day including weekends. It makes it for long times sometimes but in the end I know it will be worth it. I love the classes that I am taking so far. I am taking World Religion, World Music, Intro to Anthropology, and Global Studies. I have only had my introduction class to each of them but I can tell that they are going to be very enlightening and interesting classes.

                Well I started my first port today! I am currently in Dominica. I am still trying to work out some internet issues so I can hopefully post more often, but it is a learning experience for us all! In case you are wondering I am sitting on the side of a street that just happened to have Wi-Fi. it has deffinatly been an experience but I am loving it! It is 86 degrees here and sunny!
I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment