Friday, February 24, 2012

OMG funny story!

OK so this is a really random and funny story!

We were traveling from Ghana to Cape Town for the last 6 days. Our
very last day at sea (Thursday) was a rough one. Our journey after Cape
Town will be rough because we will be crossing where the Indian and
Atlantic Ocean meet. So, we got to experience just a little of life at
sea will be like after Cape Town.
The sea swells on Thursday were between 7 and 10 feet. That is by
far the largest sea swells we have had to date! When the ship is rocking
this much it is inevitable that things will start to move and shift. So
it is no surprise that chairs will tip over and tables and make shift
walls will move.
Hannah, Emily, Meagan, Josh, and I were in the Piano bar ( a spot
to hang out and do homework on the ship) playing cards. A big wave came
and the ship rocked significantly and we all started leaning, well I had
nothing to stop me and I almost fell over! Luckily Hannah and Meagan
were there to stop me. So everyone in the piano bar laughed and we all
went back to doing whatever it was that we were doing.
I swear no more than 5 minutes later another wave came and we all
started leaning again only this time no one was able to help stop
me!!!!!! OMG I literally flew on the floor ( with my chair) and got
thrown almost all the way across the hallway ( a little wider than an
average hallway). I had nothing else to do but scream this weird 50's
scary movie scream the whole way down. When the ship finally settled
everyone looked to make sure I was ok, and then started laughing at me.
Don't worry I was laughing too. I could not believe I fell out of my
chair! How embarrassing! Hannah has a picture of me sitting on the floor
laughing. I will try to post it later!
The rest of the night people kept coming up to me saying " Oh I
heard about you, you're the girl that fell out of her chair". One person
even told me that she thought I was the first person to fall over due to
a wave. Great.....lol
It's Okay it happened a lot more after that, the waves got a lot
bigger and they will stay big through our next stretch at sea so I know
I won't be the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment